The training workshop explored the role of civil society in Mali in supporting peacebuilding initiatives and taking ownership of the post-conflict recovery process.
The course developed participants’ skills in designing peacebuilding responses.
It focused on programme cycle planning, theories of change, results-based approaches as well as the practical implementation of monitoring and evaluation.
Interactive methods were used for the training, as well as simulations and field based case studies.
Participants gained knowledge on:
- Strengthening individual and institutional capacity to design peacebuilding responses
- Indigenous peacebuilding practices and strategies that have worked
- Concepts and tools related to the design of peacebuilding responses as well as monitoring and evaluation
- Developing indicators and using them to measure progress
The training workshop was chaired by Yaya Bio Bawa from the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung. Speakers were:
- Dr Mariam Djibrilla Maiga, Directrice Exécutive, CONASCIPAL
- Alfousseiny Sidibe, Journaliste Communicateur
- Yacouba Berthe, Juriste, Animateur de l’Action Civique
- Ambroise Dakouo, Médiateur Technique spécialisé en planification et animation de débat inter et intra-communautaire
- Prof Ibrahim Iba N’Diaye, Ecole Nationale Supérieure
- Dembélé Awa Sow Cisse, Direction Générale du Fonds d’Appui à la Formation Professionnelle et à l’Apprentissage
Acting Head ACPST